It will be 68 years tomorrow since our Constitution first came into force in 1950. A public holiday across the nation, the nation’s cultural flavor and defence might goes on full display at the Republic Day parade which is held in New Delhi every year. Netflix will celebrate this national milestone by parading 7 hand picked Bollywood movies which celebrate India as a nation with their various shades of art, culture, history, music, dance and storytelling. Here’s the list.
- Rustom: A decorated naval officer kills his wife’s lover leading to a sensational trial and a national obsession over passion versus premeditated murder
- Pink: After being molested, Minal along with her friends tries to file an FIR against a politician’s nephew. When the subsequent case gets rigged, Deepak, a retired lawyer, helps them to fight the case
- One in a Billion: Follow the journey of Satnam Singh Bhamara as he works to fulfill his dream of becoming the first India-born player to be drafted into the NBA
- Talvar: When a teen and her family’s hired servant turn up dead, inept police bungle the inquiry and wind up fingering a controversial prime suspect
- Yuva: An accident on a bridge ties together three young men from different social classes, sparking a course of events that will forever alter their lives
- Shanghai: Three disparate characters uncover government corruption as a small Indian town receives as an influx of foreign money to turn into the next Shanghai
- Ghayal once again: When four teens uncover a murder implicating a prominent businessman, they turn into a corruption-fighting journalist to bring down some powerful men